Saturday 1 August 2015

July Reads: 15 Books in 31 Days.


          I hadn't decided on setting a record by reading 15 books in a month. It just happened. After I read the first four books in about 10 days, I thought about reading more and more. So, as I finished a book yesterday, I realised that I read more in July than I read in the rest of the half year. I'm so happy that I utilised holidays in such a good manner. I reviewed many of the books that I read. So here's just a list of the books linked to the reviews.

1. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.

2. Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan.

3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.

4. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan.

5. We the Animals by Justin Torres.

6. Just One Day by Gayle Forman.

7. The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka.

8. Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger.

9. Just One Year by Gayle Forman.

10. Just One Night by Gayle Forman.

11. The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.

12. House of Cards by Sudha Murty.

13. The Mother I Never Knew by Sudha Murty.

14. Every Day by David Levithan.

15. Six Earlier Days by David Levithan.

          Of these, 'We the Animals', 'The Buddha in the Attic', 'Franny and Zooey' and 'The Old Man and the Sea' are short novels. 'Just One Night' and 'Six Earlier Days' are novellas. The rest 9 are proper novels with interesting stories. I hope you love to read the reviews. How many books have you read in a month? Feel free to mention some unputdownable books in the comments below!

15 comments:

  1. I believe the most books that I've read in a month is five. I read a lot of eBooks now. I hunt for the free ones on Amazon and download. Thanks for sharing these titles because always downloading new books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up until this month, I was reading a book every 1-2 days, so I get it. This month has been crazy, though, and I just haven't gotten much read! Good job! :)

    www.ClaireinRVA.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to check out some of the books on your list. Thank you so much for the reviews.
    Cynthia @craftoflaughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is very impressive! I wish I were able to read that much in one month! Great post, this really motivates me to read more!

    Becky | www.thebiglphotographyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite the list you have there! I really need to start reading more, myself!

    Ginger Marie | www.thegingermarieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've read quite a lot this past month! I wish I had the time to read more than I do. I just finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarity and that was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! I'm trying to read a book a week. We went away to the Poconos for a weekend and without internet I was able to get a lot of reading done! I think I did 4 or 5 books this month. I've heard great things about We Were Liars, it's on my list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that's a lot of books! I really need to make more time for reading. I love it, I just always seem to find something "better" to do with my time, even though reading is a great way to spend time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly! Go you!! That is a lot of books! I don't read very fast and I read only before bed so I bet I only get through 1-3 books a month. I am in the middle of reading Consequences. I will have to check some of these out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you read so many! I really don't think I COULD read 15 books in a month, it'd just be too hard. I'd say a good month for me would be about 3.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great list woah! I could never finish that many books but great list. I have to check out the reviews because I'm always looking for new recommendations.

    Books which I have LOVED are Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed and, very cliché maybe but Paper Towns by John Green.

    x- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a good list of books and that's crazy how many books you read! I would love to read more books and need to work on making the time for it.

    Jenni // The Beautiful Fool

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great. I feel like I should challenge myself to this! I love to read, I love to collect books- but I never have the time anymore. I don't think I've read a book in over four months, maybe longer. Which is so incredibly sad. But between the kids, house, blog, editorial work plus everything else- I just don't have the time. Maybe I just need to say I have to do this. Good luck! Some of those books look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a great list of books and some are definitely on my TBR already. When I get into a series, it's easy for me to fly through them. I think the most I read was 18 in a month?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...